Thursday, October 15, 2009

#1 Reflections on Lifelong Learning

When I reviewed the 7 Habits of Lifelong Learners the idea that jumped out at me was the belief that it’s never too soon or too late to learn something new. As I have gotten older and my free time has gotten shorter I sometimes think that it's "too late" to try to learn something new.

One habit that will be the most important to me over the duration of this course is to view problems as challenges to overcome. I have frequently passed up opportunities to try new things, thinking "I don't have enough time in the day as it is". What the 7 Habits showed me is that I need to think of other ways to find the time or make adjustments to my schedule.

One of the Habits that will be the easiest for me during the duration of this course is the use of technology. My previous career and education were in the field of technology and I have become very familiar with using new and emerging technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment